Re: Options for IETF administrative restructuring

2004-09-07 06:27:47

On 7 sep 2004, at 02.13, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

avri(_at_)psg(_dot_)com wrote:

I'm very puzzled. I though those two extremes were exactly described
by scenarios A and D.

Perhaps I misread, but while I saw that A and D are the extremes of the scenarios represented to date, I was suggesting is that the extremes not yet discussed are:

- full integration into ISOC with the rework of the by-law that accommodates the standard's function. Scenario A tends toward this but does, seem to me, to go all the way.

- Creation of a parallel non profit incorporated Standards organization with its own by-laws that is partnered though MOU's with ISOC. Scenario D might evoke this, but since the explanation of this Scenario is so brief, I have trouble understanding its implications.

In both I have trouble understanding the full implications in terms of items not within the administrative domain.

If A really does equal full integration and D really does equal full independence, then I will stand corrected, though I will remain confused about some of the implications.

a.