Re: Explosive bolts [Re: Options for IETF administrativerestructuring]

2004-09-08 01:48:56
scott bradner wrote:
In his scenario, not only the Administrative Czar would need explosive
bolts, but also the RFC Editor and Secretariat, etc.

that depends on the contracts with those suppliers - if the contract
is signed by the IETF chair or the admin czar for the IETF (rather than
for the ISOC) I would not expect that any supplier-specific bolts would
be required

And it would be pretty simple for ISOC (our incorporated entity designed
for this purpose in 1992) to give formal signature rights to the IETF
chair if we really needed that. I think a Board resolution would suffice.

   Brian