Re: IETF 62

2004-09-20 08:15:34
On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 09:24, Melinda Shore wrote:
On Monday, September 20, 2004, at 08:16 AM, jamal wrote:
So Mineapolis (the mother of all IETF venues) is less bloodier to get
to? I am shocked. I would claim Ottawa is more accessible, colder,
cheaper and doesnt have wimpy tunnels - which makes it a perfect
choice.

I think Minneapolis is a terrific venue - the facilities are great,
meals are easy, etc.  I've hosted a meeting in Ottawa, and while it's
also a terrific venue it's not that easy to find facilities that
can accommodate a meeting the size of the IETF.  Toronto or Montreal
would be a better bet in terms of meeting space.

I would agree with the sufficiently large venue - although it could be
done (and there are a lot of things cooking this year in terms of new
conference centres). Toronto or montreal would be better choices from
that perspective.
What suprised me was the "bloody awkward" to get to Ottawa being a
criteria. I thought alcatel has big presence here and would know better.
My contention is it is much more easier to get here than to Mineapolis.

cheers,
jamal