Re: IETF 62

2004-09-20 09:03:03
Jamal,

I fly into and out of Ottawa on average once a week - living there. It is
bloody awkward to travel from there, and very few locations are direct flights.
Not to mention that crossing the border normally adds a couple of hundred
dollars to the ticket price.

Getting to MN was two flights and one connection, the same as everywhere in the
US for me.

I personally would avoid connecting through Chicago every time if I could.
Almost always guaranteed to miss connections, be delayed, or lose luggage.

Alcatel does have a large presence in Ottawa, and that was one of the original
reasons why we suggested it as a venue. It turns out that the only facility
large enough to host a meeting here is the Ottawa Congress Center, which was
unavailable for the meeting we wished to host.

We explored Vancouver and Montreal as other alternatives. Neither had
availability at a venue large enough for the meeting.

Cheers,
Ben.