Re: Upcoming: further thoughts on where from here

2004-09-21 05:40:48
On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 01:19:15PM +0200, Brian E Carpenter allegedly wrote:
Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

Brian,

I've seen some argument that Scenario C, being more well-defined, is
actually less complex than Scenario O.

I would really dispute that. There are layers of complexity in either
case, and I think the scenario O analysis, because it's based on a
real, existing organisation rather than a hypothetical one, simply
contains more detail.

I'm with Brian, in favor of O.  The way I see it, the critical issue is
tightening up *our* processes, not who we deal with.  Once we do that we
can work out contracts with anyone who meet our criteria, and it will be
at least as easy to do so with an entity we have experience with and
whose actions we can predict well.  We will be much less at risk once
our own procedures are clearly established.

swb