Re: Copying conditions

2004-10-07 02:01:42
Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> writes:

Simon,

What is your goal, here?  What is it you want to do that you can't do
because of either RFC 3667 or RFC 2026?

Eliot,

a few examples:

For IDN, I want to be able to extract the tables from RFC 3454 and use
them in my implementation.

For Kerberos, I want to be able to use the ASN.1 schema in my
implementation, and copy the terminology section into my manual.

For SASL, I want to incorporate portions of the introduction section
from the RFC into my manual, to make sure some terminology is
explained correctly.

For GSS-API, I want to be able to copy the C header file with function
prototypes into my implementation.

I believe the copying conditions in RFC 2026 give me these rights, but
I have not yet seen anything similar in RFC 3667.  I am still looking,
though.

If I'm wrong, and not even RFC 2026 gave me these rights, the
situation is even worse than I would have thought.

Thanks,
Simon