Re: Copying conditions

2004-10-10 10:01:34
harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no (Harald Tveit Alvestrand)  wrote on 07.10.04 in
<362DF767F37204733E122BCF(_at_)askvoll(_dot_)hjemme(_dot_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>:

--On onsdag, oktober 06, 2004 23:52:15 +0200 Simon Josefsson
<jas(_at_)extundo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Even if that is true, it would not change that the current copying
conditions are a problem for the free software community, and in my
opinion, consequently the IETF.

this was something I did not see clearly raised in the IPR WG, which is a
pity.

Since changing to a more liberal license would require changing the grant
of rights that the authors give to the IETF (or to ISOC), we can't just
change it retroactively either (see debate on retaining I-Ds for more than
6 months for what happens if we try).

Actually, the recent such debate told me that there are no rasonable
objections there (though several quite unreasonable ones).

MfG Kai