Re: Copying conditions

2004-10-10 13:03:06
If you understand the open source position and disagree with it, then
there's probably little more to say.

If the position is that the open source community can take an IETF
consensus-based standard, modify it and claim that the new version is
the "real" standard then I do disagree - I think that standards must
be developed and modified in open consensus-based processes, not by
individuals or groups unrelated to the group that developed the
standard.

If that is not the positition the I guess I do not understand and a
discussion would be helpful

Scott