Re: Internet-Draft cutoffs and getting work done

2004-10-18 17:44:50
If your "reduce the load enough that things can be
gotten out faster will result in deadlines closer to the
meetings" hypothesis is correct, then I'd expect that we would
already have had a review --initiated by either by the IESG or
the Secretariat and discussed with the community-- about how
much closer the deadlines could be moved,

fwiw

without changing the rules the closest we can get is two weeks

see RFC 2418 section 7.1

   All relevant documents to be discussed at a session should be
   published and available as Internet-Drafts at least two weeks before
   a session starts.