Re: IPv6 in the network, please

2004-11-09 11:45:43
Trond Skjesol writes:
harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no said:
they are working on it. I'll get to mention that responses are nice.....
OK, hope they will succeed.

<aol>Me too!</aol>

My laptop builds a 6to4 tunnel when it doesn't receive a global IPv6
address, but unfortunately the next instance of the anycast 6to4 relay
seems to be in Hawaii, which does bad things to the RTTs to my office.
So as a stopgap it'd be great (at least for me) if a 6to4 relay could
be configured in the vicinity, preferably with the well-known RFC 3068
anycast address (192.88.99.1).

I think that IPv6 has been available on the WLAN since 1999 (at least).
If it's not possible in 2004 we are making great progress ;-)

Yep.
--
Simon.