Re: AdminRest: IASA BCP: Should IAB chair be a voting member of IAOC

2004-11-13 21:15:13
"Erik" == Erik Huizer <e(_dot_)huizer(_at_)utwente(_dot_)nl> writes:

    Erik> My sense is that an IAB chair is probably very well informed
    Erik> and will have very good insight into all the issues
    Erik> surrounding the IASA. Therefore it makes sense to give the
    Erik> IAB chair a vote.

The reason it would not make sense to do so seems to be (as I
understand it) that doing so might allow the IAB chair to focus less
energy on the IASA and more on Internet architecture.

In my mind the question boils down to are IAB chairs likely to want a
vote?  IF so, we should give it to them.