Re: AdminRest: IASA BCP: Should IAB chair be a voting member of IAOC

2004-11-13 23:17:55
I too think the IAB Chair should vote. But that raises an issue...

While I agree that consensus should be the normal operation mode, I think this body can't live with "let's wait until later and hope we know more then" as the normal means of resolving close-call conflicts. The budget proposals MUST come out of the IAOC at specific times; this is about salaries, not about standards.

If we make no other changes, we have 8 voting members. This means that it could end up 4 against 4 on an issue.
I suggest that the IAOC chair gets the power to decide a tie.

                 Harald

--On 13. november 2004 11:44 -0500 scott bradner <sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu>