Re: Adminrest: section 3.5b (appealability)

2004-12-03 15:48:40
OK, I am open to the idea. And I suppose that the current appeal mechanisms would allow it.

But in that case I do have a problem with making the barrier higher for appeals originating from a non IOAC member. While I can see arguments for not removing an IAOC's member's right of appeal, I don't see any arguments that should give them any greater right of appeal. I.e. I would have difficulty supporting a mechanism that weighed 1 IAOC member versus 10 non members as suggested in your original message.

Allow appeals to be made but set some bar for an appeal; perhaps
   appeals from IAOC members are always accepted, but appeals from the
   community require say 10 signatures.

a.