Re: Adminrest: section 3.5b (appealability)

2004-12-03 13:29:12

On 3 dec 2004, at 16.28, Sam Hartman wrote:

2) Allow appeals to be made but set some bar for an appeal; perhaps
   appeals from IAOC members are always accepted, but appeals from the
   community require say 10 signatures.

Since the IAOC is the oversight body, why would they need to appeal the actions of the IAD? Don't they just have the right of adjudication of any process failure by IAD ?

And I don't think we want to get into a situation where we have one member of the IAOC appealing the actions of the IAOC.

BTW, I was just rereading the formulation sent by Harald. the one I said I was comfortable with:

If someone believes that the IAOC has violated the IAOC rules and procedures, he or she can ask the IETF leadership to investigate the matter, using the same procedure as is used for appeals of procedural issues in the IETF, starting with the IESG.

If the IESG, IAB or the ISOC BoT find that procedures are violated, they may advise the IAOC, but does not have authority to overturn or change a decision.

while it makes sense for the IAOC, it does not cover someone, not from the IAOC, appealing a procedural issue of the IAD. I think there needs to be a way for someone to initiate an appeal with the IAOC against the IAD.

a.