RE: iasa-bcp-01 - Open Issues - Separate bank accounts

2004-12-06 18:55:54
Iresponded to Harald:

Harald writes:
Brian,

I don't think "irrevocably assigned to the IETF" works well for money.

I actually also have kept that sentence in the principles, namely at principle
5.
It does not read so bad. This is what it sais in my working copy:

                    <t>
                        There shall be a detailed public accounting to
                        separately identify all funds available to and
                        all expenditures relating to the IETF and to
                        the IASA, including any donations, of funds or
                        in-kind, received by ISOC for IETF-related
                        activities.  In-kind donations shall only be
                        accepted at the direction of the IAD and IAOC.
                        All such funds and donations shall be irrevocably
                        assigned to the IETF.
                    </t>

Bert
In all other cases, money going to support the IETF is called
"credited to the IASA account".

In section 5, section 5.2 and 5.3 talk about money credited
to the IASA
account. I'd rather add a section before section 5.5 that
simply says:

 5.x IASA expenses

 The IASA exists to support the IETF. Therefore, only
expenses related to
 supporting the IETF can be debited to the IASA account.

I like it, so I have added it to my working copy of the document.

Bert
That should make it clear enough that the transfer of money
into the IASA account is intended to be irrevocable.

Makes sense?

                 Harald