Re: iasa-bcp-01 - Open Issues - Separate bank accounts

2004-12-08 02:10:37
Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
I don't think "irrevocably assigned to the IETF" works well for money.

I actually also have kept that sentence in the principles, namely at principle 5. It does not read so bad.
This is what it sais in my working copy:

my co-editor Rob did not think the reading was really good either,
so when we checked again, we took the sentence out.

SO in revision 02 that we posted later last night (early this morning)
it is gone. If you want it back, pls re-raise/open the issue.

I do want it back. Of course the exact words don't matter, but I
think that Principle 5 in Section 2.2 needs to be explicit that
the funds belong to the IETF whatever happens. For example:

  All such funds and donations shall belong irrevocably
  to the IETF.

I can't personally see a better word than "irrevocably," but it
is really a lawyer/accountant question how to phrase it.

   Brian

Bert

                   <t>
There shall be a detailed public

accounting to

separately identify all funds

available to and

                       all expenditures relating to the IETF and to
the IASA, including any donations,

of funds or

                       in-kind, received by ISOC for IETF-related
                       activities.  In-kind donations shall only be
accepted at the direction of the

IAD and IAOC.

All such funds and donations shall

be irrevocably

                       assigned to the IETF.
                   </t>

Bert

Having it in the principles is the best solution.

    Brian

In all other cases, money going to support the IETF is called "credited to the IASA account".

In section 5, section 5.2 and 5.3 talk about money credited

to the IASA

account. I'd rather add a section before section 5.5 that

simply says:

5.x IASA expenses

The IASA exists to support the IETF. Therefore, only

expenses related to

supporting the IETF can be debited to the IASA account.

I like it, so I have added it to my working copy of the document.

Bert

That should make it clear enough that the transfer of money into the IASA account is intended to be irrevocable.

Makes sense?

               Harald