Re: Organizationed spam RE: [Sip] WiMAX Summit'05 - Paris - France

2004-12-15 19:18:29
Hi -

From: "Thomas Gal" <ThomasGal(_at_)LumenVox(_dot_)com>
To: <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>
Cc: <michelg(_at_)upperside(_dot_)fr>; <info(_at_)upperside(_dot_)fr>;
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>; <remi(_dot_)scavenius(_at_)wanadoo(_dot_)fr>;
<peter(_dot_)lewis(_at_)upperside(_dot_)fr>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 5:35 PM
Subject: Organizationed spam RE: [Sip] WiMAX Summit'05 - Paris - France
Perhaps comments from a few more IETF folk could establish that this
crap is not welcome, or is it just me?

I think it depends on the conference / CFP, the mailing list, and how specific
the posting is.  For example, if someone were to post information on a paper
directly relevant to my working group's work that was going to be presented
at some conference, I'd welcome such a posting.  If someone posted a generic
CFP for a conference with no keywords in common with what my working group
is doing, I'd object.  Between those two extremes are many shades of grey,
but for the working group lists I'm subscribed to, it hasn't been a real problem
for me.

Randy