Re: Organizationed spam RE: [Sip] WiMAX Summit'05 - Paris - France

2004-12-17 07:47:52
In message
<D8E160695E193F8D7AE55851(_at_)gloppen(_dot_)hjemme(_dot_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>,
Harald Tvei
t Alvestrand writes:
Peter(_dot_)lewis(_at_)upperside(_dot_)fr has already been denied posting
rights on at least
one IETF WG mailing list because of this behaviour.

Is it time to dig out RFC 3683/BCP 83?

BTW - has anyone, anywhere ever seen a response from him/them when they
have been asked to stop spamming the IETF lists?

I've never received any replies to my notes, and I've co-chaired two of
the working groups that have received his ads.

Btw, I should note that 3683 explicitly bans most conference notices:

   Although not exhaustive,
   examples of abusive or otherwise inappropriate postings to IETF
   mailing lists include:

   o  announcements of conferences, events, or activities that are not
      sponsored or endorsed by the Internet Society or IETF.