Re: New Last Call: 'Tags for Identifying Languages' to BCP

2004-12-17 07:21:02
 Date: 2004-12-14 23:35
 From: John Cowan <jcowan(_at_)reutershealth(_dot_)com>
 To: Doug Ewell <dewell(_at_)adelphia(_dot_)net>
 CC: ietf-languages(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no

Doug Ewell scripsit:

* Region subtag 830, "Channel Islands," is based on a UN M.49 code.
Since that is an English-only standard, one must look elsewhere to find
the French translation (it's not what you might expect, either).

In fact, M.49 is available in all six official U.N. languages; it's
just the *online* version that's English-only.

No, I am quite certain (because I looked!) that the UN M.49 lists
are available online as HTML-ized English and HTML-ized French. It's
certainly not English-only (the online version might reasonably be
called HTML-only, but that's another story).