Re: New Last Call: 'Tags for Identifying Languages' to BCP

2004-12-18 12:05:26
"Bruce" == Bruce Lilly <blilly(_at_)erols(_dot_)com> writes:

    Bruce> If there really are only 24 items of less than 11 octets
    Bruce> each, a trivial solution is to simply list them (with the
    Bruce> usual ABNF syntax) as literal strings.  That should take no
    Bruce> more than a half-dozen lines.

Perhaps.  I actually find a lot of ABNF specs are not as clear as they
could be to humans because they are trying to describe the valid
inputs as strictly as possible.  In many cases I think the spec would
be more clear if the ABNF were relaxed and other constraints were
expressed at appropriate levels.