Re: Organizationed spam RE: [Sip] WiMAX Summit'05 - Paris - France

2004-12-16 12:22:17
Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

Peter(_dot_)lewis(_at_)upperside(_dot_)fr has already been denied posting rights on at
least one IETF WG mailing list because of this behaviour.

 Is it time to dig out RFC 3683/BCP 83?

BTW - has anyone, anywhere ever seen a response from him/them when
they have been asked to stop spamming the IETF lists?

I have not. In my capacity of a chair of one of the lists to which this spam was sent, I give Gunter notice that such behavior is unacceptable. Several days later, I have received no response.

I tried to find a mechanism for content-based filtering -- for example, to hold any posts containing the string "upperside.fr" for moderation -- but the current mailman interface doesn't seem to support this kind of content filtering.

/a