Re: Issue #727: Section 2.2, 4, & 7 - Miscellaneous & editorial [was : Last Call Comments on draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-02.txt]

2004-12-26 06:48:58
At 1:00 PM +0100 12/23/04, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
     This document
     does not affect the ISOC-IETF working relationship as it relates to
     standards development or the communication of technical advice
     relevant to the policy and educational goals of ISOC.

 >>  I'd cite RFCs 2026 and 2048 as references here.

Mmm... 2026 seems fine.
Not sure about 2048. That is about MIME stuff !!??
So which one do you mean? Probably 2031?

Sorry.  I meant 2028.  But, 2031 is fine, too.

 >>  I'd remove everything after the comma.  There is no clear concept
 >>  of what duties and responsibilities would normally be associated
 >>  with such a position, and you have specific responsibilities and
 >>  limits listed later.

No change made. It had quite some discussion during rev 01.
And we then seemed to have agreed (to me at least) on taking
the text from the IAB doc (RFC2850, sect 3.1) and not fiddle
with the words (as had been done earlier).
So after that earlier discussion on the text, I do not see this
as just an editorial change.

I personally still object, as I don't (personally) have a clear concept of what duties and responsibilities would normally be associated with the role of IAOC Chair. Would you consider this person to be a peer with the IETF Chair and the IAB Chair, for instance?

        Any accrued
        funds, any IETF-specific intellectual property rights, and any
        IETF-specific data and tools shall also transition to the new
        entity.

 >>  By "accrued funds", you presumably mean funds that are currently
 >>  held in the IASA accounts.  So, why not just say so?

Mmm... I am sort of with you.
AT the other hand, I see continued discussion about "ISOC should not
credit xxx to IASA accounts".

So I am not sure your suggestion is just editorial. If we keep all the
current text about crediting money to IASA accounts, then it is editorial.
But given the ongoing discussion, I have not (yet) made the change.

There are two choices here:

(1) Either changing "accrued funds" to "funds held in the IASA accounts" is editorial.

or

(2) The term "accrued funds" needs to better defined.

Margaret