RE: Excellent choice for summer meeting location!

2004-12-31 13:51:16
Paul Vixie <> supposedly scribbled:

It's a start at balancing out all the Minneapolis-in-winter
meetings
we have had.

the part of mrose's "little black book" that made me laugh out
loud
was the description of MFLD (Many Fine Lunches and Dinners).
minneapolis has a good airport, good transport from the airport to
the venue, and a good venue.

The hotel absolutely sucks, thanks, so much so that I, for one, have
sworn _never_ to stay there again.

the fact that it's not a popular
vacation destination in wintertime

Paul, you are a master of understatement.

probably keeps a lot of folks from
using ietf as an excuse to burn travel budget

Your concern over the travel budgets of others is touching (if a
little creepy).

on it just to enjoy the
MFLD.  (you all know who i mean, though you each no doubt have a
different person's picture in your head right now.)

Yes, I have a picture of Ronald Reagan's mythical Welfare Queen; you
remember, the ones who (not voracious military spending or
ridiculous tax cuts for billionaires) were single-handedly
bankrupting the US 30 years ago.

let's keep going to minneapolis for as long as they'll tolerate
us,
and let's try to find summertime destinations that are equally
appalling to the MFLD community.  paris, in that regard, should be
OFF the table.

Don't worry, O Calvinist Guardian of Virtue: there is little
pleasure to be found in Paris in August; the cafes will be
shuttered, even the cab drivers will have left the city.

~gwz