RE: Excellent choice for summer meeting location!

2004-12-31 16:41:06

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Excellent choice for summer meeting location!
From: "Glen Zorn (gwz)" <gwz(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
Date: Fri, December 31, 2004 1:56 pm
To: "'Paul Vixie'" <paul(_at_)vix(_dot_)com>, ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

[snip]

Don't worry, O Calvinist Guardian of Virtue: there is little
pleasure
to be found in Paris in August; the cafes will be shuttered, even
the
cab drivers will have left the city.

it's got to be scary being in the weather pattern europe is in,
knowing that bush won't sign onto the kyoto protocols and that
china
is just beginning a CO2-emitting boom period that will probably
last
until 2070 or so.  but i think we digress, a little, don't you?

Actually, I was trying to get back on topic.  If you check my
original post, it was not about the Puritanical virtues of meeting
in Minneapolis but the physical danger of meeting in Paris in
August.
Uh - how is Paris going to be physically dangerous.  Are there
terrorists planning on blowing up a tower, I really don't think a few
warm days count as physically dangerous to most of the crowd I see at
IETF meetings...

And frankly - the results of global warming will be a cooling trend in
Europe and NE US, so don't go and blame last summer on strangely
unrelated global trends

Bill