RE: Excellent choice for summer meeting location!

2005-01-02 10:54:26
This is a bizaare thread.  As someone who has been Paris a dozen times
and several of those visits in the
august, this is one of the best cities in the world to visit.  I
highly recommend extending your stay around the meeting to enjoy the
many tourist attractions. Great food, great musueums,  just walking
the streets.  Get a few good guide books.
I just hope I can get support to attend this meeting.

Steve Silverman

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf_censored-admin(_at_)vesuvio(_dot_)ipv6(_dot_)tilab(_dot_)com
[mailto:ietf_censored-admin(_at_)vesuvio(_dot_)ipv6(_dot_)tilab(_dot_)com]On
Behalf Of JFC
(Jefsey) Morfin
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 10:14 PM
To: gwz(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com; 'Harald Tveit Alvestrand';
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: Excellent choice for summer meeting location!

At 03:20 02/01/2005, Glen Zorn \(gwz\) wrote:
2003 was, indeed, exceptional.  OTOH, it is hardly exceptional that
everyone who can leave the city in August, does.  This is no doubt
because it is just so damn pleasant they can't stand it, right?

They now build a true beach on the Seine river - right in
the core of Paris
- during the month of August which makes the stay fun.
Usually the weather
changes by August 15th to much more acceptable. Business
starts back on the
last week of August.

The real danger in Paris is to bump into me :-) Another problem is
obviously the hotels rates in the summer season. Anyway for
decades I use
the month of August for new software development, because
the waether is
usually nice when staying home and there is nobody around,
only Americans
and Japanese, and now Chinese. They probably survive/enjoy
it, since they
keep coming.

jfc

This message was passed through
ietf_censored(_at_)carmen(_dot_)ipv6(_dot_)cselt(_dot_)it, which is a sublist
of
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_) Not all messages are passed. Decisions on
what to pass are made solely by IETF_CENSORED ML
Administrator (ietf_admin(_at_)ngnet(_dot_)it).