Re: Consensus? #770 Compensation for IAOC members

2005-01-07 09:55:42
"Sam" == Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> writes:

"Harald" == Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>
writes:
    Harald> I think this line of thought has died down without any
    Harald> great disagreement.... the consensus seems to be that the
    Harald> following sentence:

    Harald> The IAOC members shall not receive any compensation (apart
    Harald> from exceptional reimbursement of expenses) for their
    Harald> services as members of the IAOC.

    Harald> belongs in the document. I think that placing it at the
    Harald> end of 4.0 makes for the most reasonable placement

    Sam> I don't think it belongs; I think ekr made a compelling
    Sam> argument that this is a matter of policy not BCP.

OK, too many things conflated.  I agree saying that IAOC members
should not get paid for time is appropriate BCP material.  I missed
all the wordsmithing that lead to the current text, but it looks like
there were a fair number of messages.

I won't pretend to be able to do better and since we need to say
something we should say this.