Re: Consensus? #770 Compensation for IAOC members

2005-01-07 09:57:00
On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 18:16, ext Scott W Brim wrote:
On 1/7/2005 10:56, Harald Tveit Alvestrand allegedly wrote:

I think this line of thought has died down without any great
disagreement.... the consensus seems to be that the following sentence:

 The IAOC members shall not receive any compensation (apart from
 exceptional reimbursement of expenses) for their services as
 members of the IAOC.

belongs in the document. I think that placing it at the end of 4.0
makes for the most reasonable placement (together with all the stuff
about membership selection).

(Personally, I'm not fond of the word "exceptional". It begs the
question of who grants exceptions, and what the criteria for
exceptions are. But the debaters seem to favour it.
I'd rather say "possible", and add "IAOC sets and publishes rules for
reimbursement of expenses, if that ever becomes necessary". But I can
live with the current text).

I find "possible" to be more prone to confusion than "exceptional", but
I like the idea of adding your extra sentence even with "exceptional".

WFM

Jonne Soininen
Nokia

Tel: +358 40 527 46 34
E-mail: jonne(_dot_)soininen(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com