Re: Progress report......

2005-01-27 02:35:58
John,
just one comment:

--On 26. januar 2005 10:55 -0500 John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>
wrote:

However, if the terms and conditions of the current
relationship with Foretec were acceptable to us long-term, we
would not have initiated the Admin Reorganization process, which
you, as participants in the community, presumably know perfectly
well

I believe (and have told Bob Kahn that too) that if the Foretec stuff had been working perfectly, we would STILL do the reorganization. In fact, I believe that if it had been a fully functional working relationship with nobody seeing an advantage to the current undefined state of relationships, the reorganization would have happened long before I took on the job as IETF chair. As you known, having been part of the effort to take steps in the same direction....

                 Harald