RE: MARID back from the grave?

2005-02-23 23:01:21

What is particularly ironic is that these I-Ds began as individual
submissions and we were asked to bring them in, under Marid, just in
time
for the working group to be disbanded.

We have seen that situation before, for example when the NGTRANS working
group was disbanded. Some of the work was picked up by a new working
group, but to start with a clean base all drafts had to be resubmitted
as individual contribution. At this point, we get the deadline effect: a
work that in reality is a revision has now to meet the "original
submission" deadline. That's not very fair. In these conditions, there
should be some kind of automatic exemption, maybe by allowing drafts to
use an N+1 version number.

-- Christian Huitema