Re: MARID back from the grave?

2005-02-25 03:00:34
Um, I'm maybe an innocent bystander here, but perhaps the following works?

a) renaming of the root portion of the file-name is permitted, nay encouraged, to identify whether the draft is currently individual, or owned by a group (or even to select a 'better' name for other reasons);

b) the revision number is NOT reset when the name is otherwise changed;

c) all drafts must include a revision history including the full name under which each draft was presented.

This makes clear the current status, the prior status, whether the draft is new (-00) or not, and enables the other obvious rules. IETF secretariat and others can clearly see when a draft is new or not, and everyone can (we hope) see who 'owns' the draft and its rough subject from the file name.

--
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime