Re: MARID back from the grave?

2005-03-01 09:24:05
I think I overstated what I was looking for. I often see requests like "I saw -03, this is -05, what as -04 and what has changed?" on the mailing lists. I was just thinking that a section like this would help (names are just examples)

Change history:

draft-ietf-dxs-odorimeter-05 25-jun-2007 removed indirect virtual mode as no-one understood it draft-ietf-dxs-odorimeter-04 3-may-2007 spelling fixes, changed draft name
draft-ietf-dxs-sense-03            2-may-2007   accepted by the DXS WG
draft-mordred-sense-02 1-apr-2007 fixed boilerplate material including copyright draft-mordred-sense-01 2-feb-2007 merged in draft-morgan-sniffer-04 as the two were sim.
draft-mordred-sense-00            8-jan-2007    initial version

Doesn't seem like this would be hard to make; it could be 'expected but not required'...

it's a fine thing if people want to do it; I just don't want to make it a requirement. it is already too difficult to publish an Internet-Draft, and this kind of requirement has the potential for getting way out of hand. for instance, I wouldn't want someone to raise a process issue if the required change history of a WG draft omitted mention of some change that was significant.