Need for an Agenda Cutoff date?

2005-03-07 09:10:27
Hi, all,

With agendas appearing ever later - including last night, the issue of cutoff dates should be revisited.

If reading the drafts to be discussed is NOT an issue, then the I-D cutoff dates should be dropped.

If reading the drafts IS an issue, then, by correlary, there should be a corresponding cutoff date for agendas - e.g., 1 week after the last cutoff I-D date. Jjust as I-Ds that pass the cutoffs are not published for this IETF, WGs that fail to meet that deadline should be CANCELLED.

Consider this a proposal, or at least a request.

Joe