Re: IETF63 wireless

2005-03-14 01:12:47
On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 05:02:00PM -0500, John C Klensin wrote:

It is precisely the style of thinking, and not the specifics,
that I was trying to suggest and illustrate.

Indeed; there seems to be some 'smart' Alcatel software that is doing
some ARP/DHCP trickery (at least the APs are Alcatel, so the favourite
for the s/w is the same vendor...).

Note that my problem all week was getting dis-associated from WLAN a
few times each hour, then seeing a long, if not indefinite, wait to get
a v4 address once re-associated.  And when I was associated RTTs to the
default router of commonly >1000ms.

We have had many IETFs with more attendees that have had excellent WLAN.

We need to understand why - documenting past experience - good or bad -
has to only be helpful.

Tim