Re: IETF63 wireless

2005-03-13 15:35:11
 On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:02:00 -0500, John C Klensin wrote:
  But an IETF meeting is not the right place to
  demonstrate or experiment with them: let's stay a bit behind the
  bleeding edge of the technology and stick to things that work.

Exactly.  Just as any other serious operations activity does.

That we use "volunteers" is frankly misleading.  We use experienced
professionals. If they do not get the support they need, it is not for lack of
availability.  And, in this case, we used a familiar venue in which things have
worked well in the past.

So, this is not about basic skills or basic venue problems or basic issues with
the technology.

This is about a mindset and an organizational approach that does not leave
those volunteers out on a limb with fragile equipment, or insufficient
resources. It is about our approaching this as a utility service and ensuring
that that is what is delivered.

Every time.

  In case it isn't clear, I think Dave and I are in violent agreement.

yup.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker