Re: IETF63 wireless

2005-03-14 11:00:48
I believe that the concept that "meeting registration fees must cover all IETF suport costs" is, a best, an historical statement (and not even correct in that context). With the changes with the IASA activity I believe we have the opportunity to get this right, rather than muddling around attempting to do something on the cheap every time that works sometimes and clearly does not work other times (such as last week). The IETF should state clearly what it needs to get its work done. Yes, its likely that ISOC will need to contribute more than it has done so historically to meet this objective of supporting financially what is required by the IETF to get the work done. But that's what ISOC has already done when it stood up and said "we are prepared to support the IETF to get its work done".

So perhaps the real question is "what is required to be able to set up a reliable and working network 3 times a year that meets the connectivity needs of IETF attendees", and work onward from there, rather than a somewhat orthogonal discussion about breakfast menus!

regards,

  Geoff