Re: What? No PPT or wireless? [Re: IETF63 wireless]

2005-03-14 06:50:52
On Monday, March 14, 2005, at 08:34 AM, Carl Malamud wrote:
Edward Tufte makes a very convincing case that in the case of
powerpoint, the medium certainly influences the message:

The NY Times ran an article on PowerPoint and the deterioration of
public speaking a few years ago, before Tufte started pointing
out the problem, and the article had a photoshopped photograph
of Martin Luther King standing in front of a projected slide.
The slide heading was "I Have a Dream," and the body of the slide
was "The dream consists of:" and a bulleted list of items.

However, while slides do tend to lead to a presentation-type
meeting format, I think there are other factors substantially
contributing to that, as well.

Melinda