Re: reflections from the trenches of ietf62 wireless

2005-03-15 12:44:06

As I wrote this it got longer and longer, so the abridged version is:
-  We had problems on Monday, but we believed the wlan to
be operational (albeit without IPv6) with a few obscure
problem reports from Tuesday onward. If people were

I mostly had no problems from Tuesday onwards with one exception: I had
to reload my kernel driver after each sleep - possibly this causes a
full reset of the hardware or something. This is something I seldom (but
not never) have to do.

I'd be willing to lay odds that the people who saw problems from Tuesday
share some hardware characteristics: for instance the same or a small
number of chipsets. My guess is that all AP-chipset combos are not
created equal.

        MVH leifj