Re: Intermediate Drafts of network layer protocols

2005-04-07 06:25:13
Hi -

I think a research request to study how protocols are designed and features
added over time deserves a more accurate answer than an official
incantation of "they're gone."

Try this site:
   http://www.watersprings.org/

You'll find all drafts and diff's between them.

Regards,

Carl

Unfortunately, as you will see by looking at any current
Internet Draft, these drafts are automatically withdrawn after
6 months (or as soon as they are updatded), so you won't find old
ones on the ietf.org site. You may find them on some unofficial
sites.

If you look at http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipv6-charter.html
you will find all the *current* IPv6 drafts and pointers to some of
the obsolete IPv6 RFCs, as well as the current ones.

    Brian

Syed Farooq Ahmed wrote:
hello,

Can i get intermediate drafts of any standard network layer protocol like
IPv4 or IPv6. I am studying how protocols are designed and the features
added over time etc.

Normally, those drafts are removed and not found on the internet, only the
last complete RFC remains.

I would be thankful if any one of you can send me such drafts (documents).

Regards,

-