Re: [Tools-discuss] Re: Last Call: 'Requirements for IETF Draft Submission Toolset' to Informational RFC

2005-04-07 06:26:32
On Wed, 2005/04/06 (MDT), <blilly(_at_)erols(_dot_)com> wrote:

[...] my concern, particularly regarding
a document with the formidable word "Requirements" in its title, is
that there should also be provision for those who prefer to use
troff/nroff.

I am going to add the following to the ID Submission draft:

        The set of requirements in this document is not meant to be
        comprehensive or final. Other IETF documents or procedures may
      require additional functionality from the Toolset. For example,
        it is possible that the Toolset will be required to handle
      draft source formats other than plain text and XML.

I think the above represents current Tools team consensus on this issue.

As others have pointed out, nroff (or MS Word, etc.) fans can still submit
their drafts using the Toolset (as currently defined); they just will not
submit their sources.

Thank you,

Alex.