RE: Last Call: 'Requirements for IETF Draft Submission Toolset' to Informational RFC

2005-04-08 06:58:47
On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 09:27, Elwyn davies wrote:
Xml2rfc has a mechanism for adding comments which is a little bit more
trouble than M$Word's but works in very similar ways.

You are right that revision marking is not so easy but the various diff
tools help.  Maybe we ought to ask for some way to do this before the
xml2rfc improvement window closes!

that's something I prefer to see outside the document rather than inside
it.

my biggest gripe is the fact that (as of the last time I looked) the
draft version is taken from the input filename rather than text internal
to the file, which makes putting this stuff under source control in a
meaningful way really annoying as most of the lightweight SCM tools like
CVS, RCS, and SCCS don't cope well with renames.

                                                - Bill