Re: Voting (again)

2005-04-26 06:25:32
 Organizations rarely improve by having vague comments about abuse of power
 tossed around.  If you are looking to improve the process I suggest that
 you raise specific objections to specific actions.

Sam,

1.  Apparently you missed the extended, public exchanges about these issues,
over the last 3 years.  I am not suggesting anything new or different, merely
observing that we have done not one thing to attend to them.

2.  The pressures against citing specifics is extreme.  And the IESG/IAB get
predictably defensive. Those who take their specific concerns public are
roundly punished.  And, yes, that's another vague claim.  However note that
you chose to issue a public dismissal about my "vague language" rather than
actually pursue the matter through a constructive channel.  (No one who has
watched the IETF list for any amount of time would seriously suggest that this
is a reasonable forum for pursuing such details.)

 I realize that sometimes your concern is not individual actions but a
 concern about a trend or a perception of a trend.  In such cases I've
 found that collecting examples together and pointing out that each example
 taken individually is fine but that the trend is problematic.

We had an entire working group that expressed these concerns.

How quickly we forget.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker