Re: Complaining about ADs to Nomcom (Re: Voting (again))

2005-05-08 10:34:46

And there is some risk (small, I think) of people pushing others to endorse them. This would seem easier with a public list, because the nomcom is not left wondering why they got the supportive email.

A risk not without quite extensive precedent over the years, and the concept of overt electioneering is one that personally I find a strange perversion of an already somewhat strange process. Are we after the the judgement of a few as to the best qualified individual for the role, or the one who is seen as being the "most popular" on the basis of a concerted campaign of electioneering? What is this body again? What is its purpose? Why does it exist? etc.

Geoff