Re: Complaining about ADs to Nomcom (Re: Voting (again))

2005-05-16 08:22:42
 You've seen Danny's message with the results of asking the
 question in a straightforward way - 20% of IESG nominees
 say they would not have volunteered. Unlike Dave, I am
 willing to believe them.

Unfortunately Brian, this has nothing to do with my personal "beliefs".

It has to do with decades of hard-learned methodology realities, in the field
of survey research.

The convenience afforded by the concept of "straight-forward" does not exist
in survey research.

To the extent that you care to consider this issue as a matter of technical
knowledge, rather than personal opinion, take a look at, for example, at
<http://www.sysurvey.com/tips/introduction_to_survey.htm>.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker