RE: Complaining about ADs to Nomcom (Re: Voting (again))

2005-05-04 11:31:52
At 01:10 PM 5/4/2005, Soliman, Hesham wrote:
 > One way to open up the process would be to allow any participant
 > to personally request a list of candidates from Nomcom, against
 > a personal non-disclosure promise. (Not my idea; this was suggested
 > during last week's IESG retreat.)

=> If we do that we may as well put the list on the web. How do we define
"participant"?

There is a difference between having participants who are interested in providing feedback ask for a copy of the list, with a promise of confidentiality, and give feedback - versus having that information publicly available. This sounds useful to me.

I don't think that "participant" really needs to be defined. Those who will be interested are those who are involved. Currently, to obtain input from a more diverse set of people, Nomcomm has to guess who is appropriate to ask & hope that a reasonable sampling of them will be willing/interested in responding.

Alia