Re: Complaining about ADs to Nomcom (Re: Voting (again))

2005-05-09 10:50:30
On May 9, 2005, at 1:42 PM, Scott W Brim wrote:
I don't understand why making names public would increase
electioneering over what we already have.

"Electioneering" is perhaps the wrong word, since it implies
behavior on the part of the candidates.  What I'm thinking about
is pressure from interested parties.  Right now, for example, the
process does a pretty good job of protecting itself from situations
in which a company decides that it really needs to have someone on
the IESG, or ones in which a bunch of people want to push a
particular technology through and need to get IESG support.

Melinda