Re: Complaining about ADs to Nomcom (Re: Voting (again))

2005-05-09 10:27:00
I'm actually not particularly convinced that publicizing the list
of names would narrow the candidate pool particularly, but it does
seem to me that by making electioneering a more pressing piece of
the process (there's electioneering now, but it's not significant)
and moving the process closer to voting by having done so, there
would be a fundamental shift in the ethos of the organization.  Not
that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I do think it's a decision
that should be made deliberately rather than having it accidentally
fall out of the solution to some other problem.

Melinda