Re: Complaining about ADs to Nomcom (Re: Voting (again))

2005-05-10 07:41:57
Jari Arkko wrote:
Brian E Carpenter wrote:

As Leslie noted (...) another tricky point is exactly when
the list is published and how nominations after that date
are handled.

Agreed. If you make the publication at the end of the
nominations period then its not useful as a tool for
other potential candidates to decide if they want (or
need!) to run for the position. But it seems complicated
to publish the list several times. And if we are open about
the list of candidates, we can't have nominations coming
in after the last publication of the list. Its a tricky decision,
but if it were up to me I'd probably just publish it once,
at the end of the nominations period.

Actually, I think there is a slightly better way, somehow analagous
to the 'petition period' used by the ISOC NomCom process.

On day N, publish the list of willing nominees so far and invite further
nominations before day N+14.

On day N+28, publish the final list of willing nominees and invite feedback.

This would, if we wanted to publish the names, give 2 weeks for extra
nominations and another 2 weeks to check their willingness to serve.

    Brian