RE: Complaining about ADs to Nomcom (Re: Voting (again))

2005-05-04 11:54:20

At 01:10 PM 5/4/2005, Soliman, Hesham wrote:
 > One way to open up the process would be to allow any participant
 > to personally request a list of candidates from Nomcom, against
 > a personal non-disclosure promise. (Not my idea; this
was suggested
 > during last week's IESG retreat.)

=> If we do that we may as well put the list on the web.
How do we define
"participant"?

There is a difference between having participants who are
interested in
providing feedback ask for a copy of the list, with a promise of
confidentiality, and give feedback - versus having that information
publicly available.  This sounds useful to me.

I don't think that "participant" really needs to be defined.
 Those who
will be interested are those who are involved.  Currently,
to obtain input
from a more diverse set of people, Nomcomm has to guess who
is appropriate
to ask & hope that a reasonable sampling of them will be
willing/interested
in responding.

=> Ok, since I think it will lead to the same effect (widely known nominees)
I'm fine with that suggestion.
Personally, I don't see the difference between doing what you describe
above and sending the list of nominees to this mailing list. But either
option is definitely better than what we have today IMHO.

Hesham

Alia

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.