Re: Complaining about ADs to Nomcom (Re: Voting (again))

2005-05-08 10:52:29
I agree that electioneering is extremely undesirable.
And it does currently agree to some degree.
The question is whether publishing the list would actually cause a significant increase in that behavior. If we conclude that publishing would indeed result in such an increase, then that is a good reason to not publish the list of candidates.

But given that electioneering already goes on, and that the feedback the nomcom receives is somewhat affected by the question of who can manage to discern the candidates from the leaky information flow, I am doubtful as to whether it would result in a significant increase.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern