Re: HTTP/1.1 Protocol: Help Needed

2005-05-09 07:53:47
On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 05:49:30PM +0530,
 Gaurav Vaish <gaurav(_dot_)vaish(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 32 lines which said:

I understand that and know how the HTTP Authentication works.

And you understand that authentication and session tracking are two
different things?

All I was interested in was... whether there's some way, other than
cookie or "session-ID" option (ugly parameter to URL)

The session ID can be a hidden form parameter.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html

hidden controls
    Authors may create controls that are not rendered but whose values are
submitted with a form. Authors generally use this control type to store
information between client/server exchanges that would otherwise be lost due to
the stateless nature of HTTP (see [RFC2616]). The INPUT element is used to
create a hidden control.